Friday, May 20, 2011

Going out on a Friday night?

It is not what you think….but I will get to that Winking smile

First, let’s transport back to yesterday. After work (or one of) I headed to meet up with Ken. He was coming from purchasing something new for Jasper. Now before I tell you what it is, don’t judge. Jasper is like our baby and we would never do anything to hurt him…but Jasper is a 60 pound dog with a knack for getting distracted and pulling hard on his leash….and my shoulders dislocate quite easily! With that said, we invested in a shock collar.

Doesn’t he look cute…where did that tongue come from?

004

The main purpose of the collar is to just get his attention and let him know that he needs to listen and pay attention. I am all for his spastic-ness when he is off-leash, but I don’t particularly enjoy being dragged around like a rag doll.

We did a little trial run yesterday-just for about 10 minutes. There is a beep function that warns him first…so I am hoping that he will get that pretty quick. We let him play in a field and when he did not listen or went against what he was told, he got a little buzz (The low setting is enough to get his attention). He became a perfect angel-I am in love!

006

The collar may not be his favorite thing ever, but my shoulders will sure appreciate it. I will let you know how it goes!

After his little “session” Ken and I ran into Costco to pick up a few things. It was as fun as always…gosh I love that place! We ended up with dog food and BBQ sauce. Great combination.

When we were done, the 3 of us headed to church for the rest of the night. The students are all thrilled that summer break is just a week away-less than that even! Jasper enjoyed playing with his friends.

Ken is working from home today-which means Jasper is home too…he might have been THRILLED to lazily lounge on the couch all morning-just a guess. It was kind of funny-we set our alarms for 6:30 (yay for sleeping in) this morning…and I 5:56 I woke up thinking I was late. It was soooo bright outside! Seeing as it has been raining for the last 5 years days, it was exhilarating to see the sun. Oh, and by no means did I get out of bed until 6:40-slacker! hehe.

When I got up, I threw ingredients for an oven-baked pancake together, put it in the oven and then took a shower while it baked its little heart away. It was nice to get dressed and head downstairs to an already made breakfast!

On my drive in today…this is what awaited me…blue skies (with some fun clouds) and sunshine!!! Much needed!!!!

009

And the view from my office at lunch….YES!!

010

Ken is out riding right now…on his lunch break. I am jealous!

I cannot wait to be done at 4 and go for my run (just a little 3 miler today). Ken is going to attempt to make dinner tonight (grilled Mahi Mahi, grilled corn and *unknown*). That way I can eat and run out of the house…going to Monarch’s graduation tonight…so I can get in the spirit for the 5 parties this weekend!

Have a fun-filled Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment