Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Dog-less Thursday

Workouts: Tuesday- Mile warm up and cool down, 2x10minutes with a five minute “rest” in between. Wednesday-Rest day. Today-3 easy miles, getting ready for this weekend’s race!!!

Hi there!

I hope you are having a lovely Thursday. The weather here is absolutely perfect and I wish I could just be playing outside all day.

But alas, work calls.

Yesterday I ended up with magnificent “free” day. I was on call at my office, but never ended up going in. Between cleaning the house, starting to pack, grocery shopping and being home for our patio set to be delivered…I would call it a much needed productive day at home.

Before we talk about up and coming, here are some sweet shots from Gunnison…

feedback @ gunnison growler 2012 (58)

feedback @ gunnison growler 2012 (59)

Check out that terrain, pretty sure I would just look at it and fall off of my bike.

feedback @ gunnison growler 2012 (62)

Pretty sure the picture below is my favorite!!

feedback @ gunnison growler 2012 (81)

It looks like he is coming out of a rock! Awesome.

Moving on….My workout on Tuesday was brutal! It was hot out and I got home looking like a red bell pepper. The 2x10 minutes were tough…my legs felt like lead and I just wanted them to be over. Yuck.

This mornings 3 miles were much nicer-granted, I was running around a 9:30 pace and just loving the cool weather, but at least I didn’t want to curl up and die.

After work tonight, I have to finish packing everything up because we are leaving straight from work tomorrow for Vail.

For…dun dun dun…The Teva Summer Mountain Games!!!!!!

I am so excited!! We went up last year and it was a complete blast. I would totally recommend it to everyone. Such a fun event with KILLER goody bags.

Ken is rocking the Pro-Mountain bike race on Saturday and I am hitting up the 10k Trail Race on Sunday. It is pretty much straight up and down….and given that my fitness level dropped a ton after my injury, I am just looking to finish strong.

This is going to be one of the most awesome weekends of the summer!! Can’t wait!

Better get to work-come one 6:30!!!