Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Middle of the Week Gloom

Workouts: Last night: Ran 4 miles (1 warm up, 1 cool down with 2 fast miles in between)…on the dreadmill.  Today=REST DAY!!

It is GLOOMY here today. Boo! After a gorgeous 70 degree day yesterday, we are being slammed by a 30 degree day today. When will Spring get here?!

Last night, after work, Ken and I went to the Rec Center to get our workout on. He had ridden during the day so after a quick warm up, he headed for the weights. I, on the other hand, had to endure a run workout on the dreadmill. The positives: I could easily watch my pace and push it. The negatives: It was BORING, I sweat like a pig and oh, it was boring.

Once I finished, I did a lackluster leg workout. Getting back into the swing of things is hard!

At home, K and I made an epic salad for dinner. We are talking tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, chicken, artichoke hearts….it was outstanding. We coupled our meal with The Biggest Loser (and for once I didn’t feel guilty).

Since returning to the real world, I have made a list of things that need to be done around the house and such. It happens to be the front and back of an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. Yikes.

Some random things on the list:

*Clean Baseboards

*Wash Carpets

*Paint Kitchen Cabinets

*Build Raised Garden Beds

*Wipe Down Blinds

*Sew Curtains

Wishing you were me right now, huh?

I would never be bored as a stay at home wife!

But alas, better get back to work!

Happy Humpday!