Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blogging Newness


Today is my first day as a participant in the blogging world. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. Computers are not exactly my favorite things and while I love to write, I am not sure how much I love to share it. I guess we will find out...
My name is LeeAnn and over the past year I have experienced a new...well...everything. In March of 2009 I married my best friend, Ken. We had a fantastic southern California wedding followed by an amazing Dominican Republic honeymoon. It is hard to believe that was already a year ago (almost)! After returning to the US, Ken helped me pack all of my belongings into my car and a van and we made the journey from Los Angeles to the Boulder area of Colorado.

I enjoyed a spring and summer of mountain biking and trail running and basically learning how to be a wife. I had never really cooked much (actually I really cannot tell you what I ate before getting married) and now...I am becoming more adventurous in the kitchen by the day! In August I began working as a Chiropractor. I am sure you will hear a lot more about that as time goes on...It was awesome to begin working with patients, but lets be honest-I kind of missed my days of grocery shopping, working out and cooking fun dinners.

September brought packing and moving into a beautiful new home. I love my house, really, there is no place I would rather be. Plus, I got to PAINT. I love interior house painting!!! I find it to be super relaxing (for some reason everyone calls me crazy for this-among other things).


After moving in and having a week to get settled, Ken and I brought home the second love of our lives (after each other of course). His name is Jasper and he is the most adorable, sweet and psychotic animal I have ever met. He is a Vizsla and if you know anything about this breed you know he is super lovey and loves to be in a lap (even though he weighs more than 45 pounds now). He is also very high energy and needs a lot of exercise. I love him so much and dont even remember what life was like before he was with us.

Another huge part of my life is working with the high school group at my church. My husband and I both volunteer with the youth group at Boulder Valley Christian Church. It is a little riduculous how attached I have become to these kids. High schoolers today have to deal with things that I cannot even fathom and it is awesome to just be there if they have things they need to talk about or just need a hug.

I am not really sure where this blog is going to go. I can tell you that my life is pretty crazy and there never seems to be a dull moment. If you are a dog fan, I will have countless stories that will make you both laugh out loud and probably even cringe a little. Now I must go and enjoy some ladies figure skating with Jasper under my left arm and Ken sleeping on my right shoulder...that makes for a good night :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment