Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Saturday!

The weekend has finally arrived! I love the work I do during the week, but let's face it-there is something fabulous about being able to wake up slowly and mosey around the house.

Yesterday was the elusive Friday. I feel like Fridays are like a very rare animal-you wait so long for it during the week and then you blink your eyes and it is gone. Mine was okay. Work had its excitement-the doctor I work with had a very "interesting" patient-we will just call her "opinionated." I had some awesome acupuncture done-talk about relaxing (I love Fridays that I get to see her!!) I picked some food up for Jasper. He was quite thankful for that. After visiting Petsmart I headed to King Soopers-our grocery store with a very interesting name. I went in on a mission-ingredients for Portuguese Enchiladas. One of these ingredients was Mexican seasoning. I searched and searched but alas there was none to be found. I asked a man in the lovely blue shirt if he could help me find it and he looked at me like I was crazy! I called my awesome Mother-in-law (my everything-related-to cooking phone a friend) and she told me where it should be-but no-apparently King Soopers does not have it. Humph-all of the searching for nothing!

After picking Ken and Jasper up from work (yes-Jasper is so spoiled that he gets to go to work everyday-rough life) we headed home. I opened the fridge to figure out what to make for dinner and the look on my face must have said it all. Typically I love cooking and enjoy making dinner at home, but last night I was just not feeling it. Ken was sweet enough to rescue me and suggest heading to CiCi's Pizza (total guilty pleasure). We each scarfed down huge plates of salad and pizza and with full bellies headed home to catch up on Survivor. I made it through the show and proceeded to fall asleep on the couch at 9:00. I know....super exciting Friday night.

This morning is absolutely beautiful. Jasper jumped into our bed at about 5:00 to cuddle and wake us up. We enjoyed a fabulous breakfast-Swedish pancakes...mmmmm. Now I get to finish cleaning up the house and hopefully head outside into the sunshine. Hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday!!

Here are a couple pics of Jasper...

No comments:

Post a Comment