Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Committed

Workouts: Saturday-Ran 4.75 miles, Sunday-Rest, Monday-Ran 3 miles and weights

Hi there and Happy Tuesday!! It is a short week for me..so it is my Thursday Winking smile

I didn’t realize that I hadn’t posted Friday…probably because the day got so busy…I worked Friday…it was thrilling.

Thursday evening there was a (duh…I am sure everyone knows about this) shooting about 30 minutes from where we live. It has been all over the news since and is incredibly sad. We are praying for all of those involved.

My brother-in-law manages the mall next to the theater, so his life has been a bit on the hectic side.

Sad smile

Let’s take a minute to talk about the weekend…

Saturday-Jasper and I talked Ken into running with us…okay, he actually suggested it himself. We headed up to the lake and enjoyed a nice HOT run.

Once home, I had to get to work on a lesson while Ken did some work on a bench he is building.

Around 2, we dropped Jaspy off with Errin (thanks!!) and headed to Aurora to pick up some tickets. Colin has a co-worker that had purchased tickets and then couldn’t make it to the Tim McGraw/ Kenny Chesney concert.

We got our tickets and headed to the show!! It was awesome!! Such good music and very entertaining. We ended up leaving before Kenny’s encore to beat the traffic. We got there at 4:30 and left around 10:20. Quite long…totally worth the cost of admission.

Sunday-Taught and then ran some errands. Cleaned up a little bit…was probably much lazier then I should have been!

Monday-Got up early with Ken to run 3 easy miles. I love cyclocross season!!!! Run buddy. Once he had left for work, I literally cleaned from 7:30 until 5. I was exhausted! And what do you do when you are tired…you go to the gym. I think I am crazy. It felt good though.

Jasper had a pretty tough day too…IMAG0442

photo(20)

Today I am working away and trying to get all ready for the craziness of the week. More on that tomorrow…

Oh!! Title…committed!! I have made the decision to sign up for a 10 mile race over Labor Day. You may notice more consistent running in my schedule…and that would be why!! It is going to be fun!!

Better get back to work!!