Thursday, June 21, 2012

Whirlwind Weekend

Workouts: Sunday-Ran 4 miles, Monday-Hiked 3 miles, Tuesday-Rest, Wednesday-Ran around short track, Today-Ran 5 miles and did upper body weights.

Well, hello there! It has been a while since we have seen each other!

I think I am going to break this post into two parts, because really, there is that much awesomeness awkwardness.

Rewind to Friday….I left work around 1 to make my way to the airport. I completely made it down there and got checked in only to have a storm roll through and cause an hour delay. Awesome.

When we finally did take off, there was so much turbulence that I almost begged for a parachute to jump out….because clearly that would make a lot of sense.

I made it to Cali and my sis picked me up from the airport. We headed straight home to eat some delicious dinner and say hello to everyone before diving into the task of the night….decorating cookies.

Alle (okay mostly Alle), Karina and I went to town and I think they came out looking adorable…


More on them later!

We said our goodnights and were all happy to hit the sack.

And on to Saturday…the day of Lauren’s shower!

I woke up about 6 to put the words to my “speech” onto paper. I pulled out my computer only to be interrupted 2 minutes later by this face…


That is my parent’s Vizsla, Rusty, who normally looks pretty similar to Jasper. Um…not when his nose is 4 times too big!

I bee-lined it to my parent’s room to let them know that Rusty had been bitten/stung/who knows what happened?!

My mom went in search of some Benadryl and then took him to the vet’s to be there when it opened. Poor Guy.

In the meantime, I started to try to bag my cookies (seeing as they were the favor for the shower). Yeah, the icing wanted to melt all over the place!!! FAIL. I frantically woke Alle up and we tried to figure out alternatives, but it was utter cookie crisis!!!! (at least in my head).

I went into panic mode and thankfully (oh, so thankfully) Alle accepted the task of putting together a new favor. ROCK STAR.

While she went to the store, I tried to jot down my speech while getting dressed, arranging cookies on platters and putting on makeup. Nothing like a little multi-tasking.

My mom got home with Rusty (who got a steroid injection-which would ultimately take care of the swelling) and after she spent 4 minutes getting ready (also a good multi-tasker) we hopped in the car and headed to the shower (btw-this all went down before 10:00).

The shower was fantastic. We had so much fun eating and celebrating. Alle dropped off the favors mid-way through and they were perfection. I am dumb and don’t have a picture, but I hope someone posts them on FB. Cute little mason jars with colored candy and a seed packet and ribbon. Oh my. Adorable!

Lauren loved her shower (even my little devotion!). Everyone adored the cookies and the mason jars. It was a hit!

We headed home around 3 and freshened up before heading out to a graduation party. I was smart and went with Alle so I could leave early….let’s face it, I was DONE!

The way it worked out, Alle dropped me off to Karina who let me tag along with her to Costco. We did some shopping and then I got to spend the rest of the night chillin with Jeff, Karina and this little princess…


What a day!!

More to come….