Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Thousand Words

is worth a picture, right?

Workouts: Saturday-Ran 6.2 miles with Jasper and then went to the gym and ran 1.8 more (8!) and then did an upper body workout. Monday-Ran: 1 mile warm up and cool down and 2x1 mile repeats. Today-Doing a little hiking with the pup!

Wow, that is a lot of purple. One of the biggest things I am fighting right now is feeling good enough to workout-so I want to do it all day, everyday. Moderation, Smoderation (I’m pretty sure that is a word).

Seeing as I have been cyber-MIA, let’s have a quick little recap called….The Top 5 Things That Have Occurred in the Past 4 Days…

1. Friday night date night!! Ken and I hit up a little Italian Restaurant that we had never been to. It was alright. Nothing to write home about, but decent food and great company.

2. The weekend! We had some rainy/gloomy weather this weekend but that didn’t stop us from enjoying ourselves. Ken managed to get great rides in Saturday AND Sunday and not end up wet.

3. Two “chick flicks”. Yup, we rented Nothern Lights and The Vow. Both were cute. I have the best husband ever!

4. Speed work. Yesterday was the first day that I started really focusing on pushing myself while running. Granted, my mile times were just under 8 minutes each. Lots of work to do on that one!

5 Baking. Yesterday I spent a LOT of time in the kitchen! I made: Molasses cookies, chocolate cupcakes and frosting, prepped Tapioca, homemade pizza and a lasagna for a friend that just had a baby. Still on the list: finishing the tapioca tonight and homemade energy bars.

One thing I didn’t do….take pictures! I did capture this precious one of my favorite little pupster:

IMAG0372

Pure love!

In all of the quietness that the weekend was, it was the calm before the storm. The next time Ken and I will be able to sit on the couch and enjoy a movie together will be June 10th.

The next 3 weekends are going to be filled with crazy race schedules, high school graduation events and traveling (for races). It’s about to get real crazy up in here!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day!! I tried to get Jasper to make me breakfast…luckily Ken did Winking smile