Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Morgul (Part 2)

Sunday we arose to a beautiful day! Quite the difference from the day before. After a delicious breakfast (eggs, pancakes and bacon), I headed to church while Ken got prepped for his third and final stage of the race.

Post-church, I drove over to the race and managed to get there with just enough time to kiss Ken good luck (by the way-he got to wear a special “leader’s jersey” for days 2 and 3). E and C were there and had their bikes, so they rode and I ran over to the feedzone just in case Ken needed anything.

The race took them through 4 laps of a hilly course (50ish miles, I think). Ken looked good throughout the race and on the last lap, we headed up to the finish area on “the Wall”. The finish was incredibly exciting. Z crushed the last climb and took first and Ken was a couple behind him in fourth!!

photo(18)

It was an epic day of spectating! Ken ended up taking 1st overall in the Omnium (the 3 days of racing) and Z came in second. Can’t beat that!!!

On the way home, I had one more party to stop at before making it home and collapsing on the couch. After running all over the place all weekend and literally running at 2 of the races, I was DONE. It was an early night!

Congrats, Ken, on an amazing win!!!

Monday I did my usual thing…although I did take the day off from running. I took Jasper on a 3 mile walk to go swimming in the lake, but no running was involved.

And that, my friends, was my crazy weekend. Hectic…but I wouldn’t have had it any other way!!!