Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Indoor Gardening

Special thanks to Pinterest for making me fall in love with terrariums. I pretty much lack green thumbs (don’t tell my husband that-he is building me raised garden beds). Every time I have gotten a plant for inside the house, I have killed it.

Now, I blame being over-nurturing! I think that I tend to over water things….hence their demise!

Enter: The Terrarium.

I have been stalking them for a while now and while I was laid up for a couple of weeks…I thought I would dive right in.

007

008

I found the “vase” at Goodwill for $4 and it seemed just about perfect for an open terrarium. It has been alive for 2 whole weeks….I feel like I am on a roll!

Errin was sweet enough to give me a case of mason jars for Christmas and I thought it would be fun to create little baby succulent terrariums….aren’t they cute?!

009

011

012

Fingers crossed for long, healthy lives. And I promise to only water them every so often. Not twice a day, every day. Winking smile

Cant wait to finish my raised beds….for some OUTDOOR gardening!