Thursday, February 9, 2012

Up and At ‘Em

Happy Friday Thursday everyone! Well, it is kind of my Friday. Tomorrow, Ken and I will be traveling up into the mountains to watch one of our HS students downhill ski race. In a way, it is work, but in a bigger way…it is a much needed day with my husband!

This morning started off bright dark and early at 5 am. To be honest, I don’t have much of a memory of the alarm going off. I just knew I didn’t want to be getting up yet. Ugh. Tomorrow will be an early morning too…but at least it will be one where we hop in the car and drink coffee.

For a pre-gym snack (because I would die if I didn’t eat) Ken and I each had a piece of brownie and half a banana (morning snack of champions!). We started off with about a 12 minute warm up on the track (while I am thinking back on it, it feels like it happened yesterday-weird!). I love warming up on the track with Ken. We totally get to chit chat and slowly work into “workout” mode.

Speaking of my workout, I did arms and core. The majority of the machines at our gym are from Cybex. It is the same company who provides all the machines on The Biggest Loser. I’m a dork.

I try to do about 3 sets of 15 reps for each of the exercises I do. This changes if I decide to throw in a heavier weight and drop down to 10 or twelve reps. I usually do all of my sets on the same machine just so I don’t have to keep cleaning and coming back. I leave about 15-20 seconds in between each set and (especially with arms) totally feel the burn by the end of the 3rd set!

Depending on my mood, I tend to focus one day on free weights and another day on machines (I do 2 days of arms and 2 days of legs per week). And…most days I throw in some core work (although I try to incorporate it in my free weights as well-uneven surface, yes please!). I am working on getting together a complete, back-friendly Core Workout Post-being a chiropractor and all-I HATE sit-ups and crunches. I promise I can have you begging for mercy without hurting your back! Maybe I can convince Ken to take some pictures, too!

Well, that was wordy. So here, have some cute….

image

source

image

source

And in getting in the spirit for Hawaii…

image

source

Working until 9:30…yikes! Hope I make it!