Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When good workouts go bad

Well, it is Tuesday and I have been home for almost 2 days. Tell that to my body! Apparently, it just wants to shut down for awhile. But we will get to that in a minute.

First off, last night…

After working hard all afternoon, I arrived home to dinner being pulled off the grill. My husband is the best! It was nice to sit at the table with a glass of wine and just chat about the day. I missed that a lot the past couple of weeks.


How cool is this rainbow….I think it was raining in front of it!

After we finished eating we decided to go for a little jog (so I could re-acclimate to the altitude). We went about 3 miles with a little stop at King Soopers on the way home. The run itself was pretty good-mostly because we kept an easy pace. I could tell that breathing was more difficult. I miss sea level!

Once home, we made some homemade ice cream in our new:


Cuisinart Ice Cream maker!! Thanks R and R….best (Ken’s) birthday gift ever Winking smile

We made some vanilla/chocolate chip that was ridiculously delicious. Super creamy! I cannot wait to try all sorts of recipes in this baby.

I passed out hard core as soon as I hit the bed.

This morning I had grand plans to get my workouts back on track. Little did I know my body had other plans. I do not quit workouts….ever. But this morning, I did. About 35 minutes into my tempo paced 70 minute hill workout I had to stop. I literally could not even put one foot in front of the other. My whole body just said no. I will admit that I was really upset about not being able to finish. Luckily, I called Ken and he gave me a pep talk and I felt much better. I think that with my half marathon less than 2 weeks away I was just freaking out. I had to realize that one workout in the course of 8 months of training will not make or break me.

So now, I will be spending the rest of the afternoon working nice and hard and longing for 5:00. I am exhausted and feel like I am getting a post-camp cold (or I maybe just inhaled too much salt water). Blech!

Off to try to stay alive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment