Friday, July 8, 2011

Oh crap I have to shower!

After getting home from a late night of Capture the Flag and Sardines, Ken, Jasper and I had a hard time getting out of bed….as in 20 minutes after the alarm went off! We kind of looked like this…
IMAG0110
We maybe had to drag Jasper out of bed by the ears (okay, not really). Sorry for the creeptastic eye…and yes, that is Jasper on Ken’s pillow…right after they got done spooning. Nope, not kidding.

Yesterday was quite the busy/exciting day. After spending the morning puttering around the house (see: doing 3 loads of laundry, cleaning, prepping bread…pretty much going crazy) I met a friend for lunch and did some chatting about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Maybe just life and the pursuit of happiness.

It was brought to my attention that I have about 47,832 too many things going on in my life and I don’t take any time to do things that used to define me. Now, don’t get me wrong…I love the things I do…running, cooking, cleaning, working, blogging, working, researching, working, cheering at bike races….etc. But there are things that I used to LOVE that have completely fallen out of my life. Things like reading (for fun, not work), scrapbooking (still haven’t done our wedding or honeymoon), showering (oh wait, I still manage that one!)…I have been challenged to try to make time during my week to fit these back in…BOY does that seem hard! 

Most evenings I am so tired that I feel like I need to crash on the couch because my level of functioning has fallen to such a horrific level. I feel like I am pretty good at time management….My google-calender just happens to not have any openings left to fill.
But….why not give it a try??

Today I hit up the library after asking for reading suggestions on Facebook…really…I just want some plain old fiction. Any will do! I picked up two books:
 image
and
image
I have no idea what to expect from either of them…I didn’t even read the backs! But, they come with good recommendations so I am going to go for it.
Last night, after a pretty busy day in my office, I headed to church to hang out with my favorite kids. As I was walking in at about 6:10, it began to POUR. My first thought was … oh my…Ken is out riding his mountain bike! Yikes!! Apparently, the water rose so quickly that on his way back from the trails, he was crossing waist deep waters?!?!?! WHAT!?!??! I am happy that he made it down in one piece and not too soggy!

Even crazier was when we were LEAVING for the night! The thunder was cracking right above us and the lightning was more exciting than the fireworks earlier in the week (not to mention the ridiculously huge water droplets!). Thanks for the show Mother Nature! Jasper wasn’t exactly thrilled-he ended up in the front seat of my car almost immediately!

Oh what a week! Soooo excited for the weekend and the 17 miles I get to run tomorrow Winking smile
Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone!!!! I am hoping to do some reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment