Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weekend Recap:Part 1

Working away...5 mile run planned this afternoon...4 miles at tempo (thanks Ken!)
________________________________________________________________________

The festivities of this weekend technically began on Wednesday, but we talked about that already-so let's move on to Thursday.

I had the morning off from work Thursday, so after sending Ken off to Spyder, I went for a nice run. I think I told you that already. Well, Post-run, breakfast, lunch, work...came the "rehearsal dinner". I call it that because it was the night before the wedding. In reality, there was not a rehearsal, but it was still fun to get together for dinner. We met up here...

 And sat in a room with him-creepy much?...(notice the ribbon bouquet on top and Errin peering through the box-hehe)


We had a delightful meal and then all headed our separate ways home. The time following dinner was spent putting the finishing touches on wedding stuff. Guest book pages, goodie bags...you know the drill. At about 10:50 (yes, at night), Ken, Jasper and I headed to the airport to get my parents. Their flight was delayed several times before they actually got to take off. I was super excited to see them, so I for sure was not letting them rent a car! We picked them up and drove straight home where we proceeded to collapse on our air mattress and pass out. 

We woke up early on Friday morning and started getting ready for the day. Ken and I made breakfast (waffles, eggs and bacon-mmmmm) as everyone got dressed and began packing up. Post-meal time was a little crazy. Errin left for her hair appointment and the rest of us finished packing and loading vehicles. Our friend Laura was amazing and came over to spend the day and night with Jasper. It was tough to leave him!
Ken got to go out for a little bike ride and when he got back, we piled into the truck and headed up to Winter Park. The drive was lovely and we made it there in plenty of time.

There were refreshments...


and flowers...


and a delicious cake.....(made by Rene...so good!)


The boys had a hard time relaxing....not....


And then it was time to get to work....Ken and my Mom steamed the dress (such a man!)...


The jewelery was all set to go...(the photographers were amazing and creative!)...



The dress was beautiful...


There was snow on the ground...


Make up was applied (this was a process as Errin and I are a little challenged in this department)...She did a stellar job! (No lamp shades were harmed on the day of the wedding-just removed..hehe)


Decorations were set out...


My cutie pie (sexy all dressed up...hehehe)


Tables were put together (Rene made the table runners and I got to pick seat assignments!)....



Yumminess....



I may have gotten a little bossy when it was time to crack down on time. But, I am a stickler for schedules. ;-)

It took me about 7 minutes to get ready, which was an amazing record breaker for me. I was more concerned with everything else going on. And it was perfect! The ceremony was beautiful (my mom cried) and it was wonderful to see them give their lives to each other. Awesome!


The cake was cut...


Dinner was marvelous and it was great to hang out and chat with everyone there. As darkness fell and nighttime came, Ken and I said goodnight and headed for bed. It was a fabulous day and we couldn't be more excited for Errin and Colin!

No comments:

Post a Comment