Thursday, April 14, 2011

Weekend Recap: Part 2

Yesterday's 5 mile ru (4 at tempo) went well until Jasper jumped in front of me in the last .4 miles. Two times in one week...what the heck! This time I pulled my left butt and hamstring. Today the hamstring is okay, but the glutes are still sore. I just finished some yoga to try to loosen it up. Only during race week could I get tripped by 2 dogs in the span of 3 days. Geesh.
______________________________________________________________________
The morning after the wedding we had a wonderful breakfast. There were fruit dishes (my fave), quiche (mmmmm) and some cinnamon rolls. (see: gained 5 pounds just by looking at them) We all filled up on goodies before packing and heading down the mountain. My parents, Ken and I took a little detour and stopped in Idaho Springs for some exploring and some lunch. Beau Jo's pizza anyone? (You get to put honey on the crust! Delish!!!)

Clearly, this picture of my shoes was necessary....


Awesome waterfall...


Great little shop with super cool stoves....


I think by mall they meant...strip of stores....


Mis padres...


My love...


I need Jasper in wood form...how cool is that?


Neato bar...


I obviously did wonders with my hair this morning....


Cuteness....



When we arrived home, we unloaded a behind-load of stuff out of the cars and changed into some running/walking gear. Jasper and I got in about 4.75 miles around the lake. Mid-run, we all met up so Jaspy could show off his swimming skills. He did a stellar job and all his grandparents were impressed. He got a little shower when we got home ;-)

After cleaning up a little, I took my parents into Louisville to show them my office (and adjust them). When we returned, dinner was magically ready (thanks!). We did a little eating (and maybe a little leftover wedding cake) and called it a night. After all, the next day was race day! 

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment