Monday, March 21, 2011

Do as I say....

Not as I do!

Hi there! A random Monday post for you. Why you ask? Well, normally I do not have even 2 minutes on a Monday, but right now I have 15 to 20. Boo-it is because I am icing my foot!

Let's go back a little bit....Friday I had a nice little 4 miler. It was lovely and warm outside. I loved it and felt pretty darn good.

Saturday we woke up and had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream...Say it with me now...YUMMM! Yeah, tasty :-) After breakfast, I got ready to head out on my 12 miles run (I had to go early, you will see why...) About a mile into it, I noticed that my right foot hurt. Not too terrible, but enough for me to notice. Regardless, it was a very good run (shorts and a t-shirt at 9:30 in the morning...yes, please!). Jasper had a blast and was still energetic when we got home. I took water and a Clif shot with me and was thankful to have both. Going to have to learn how to run in warm weather!

When I got home, my foot hurt. BAD! It was hard to walk around the house without shoes. I didn't have a lot of time to think about it as I raced upstairs to the shower. I had about 30 minutes to get cleaned up and ready to head to a percussion competition for a couple of my high school students. That meant that after a run burning over 1200 calories, I only had time to grab an apple and some nut butter. The competition was sweet, albeit long. I was FAMISHED by 2:30 and headed home to grab food. In the course of my morning, Ken headed down to ride with Tim. An epically, awesomely hard 3.5 hour ride. They are hardcore for sure!! Rock stars!!! After shoving some food in my face, this happened:


 Jasper and I hit the couch for a minute of chillaxing. It was much needed! After recovering a little and Ken getting home, we went out for a bit and he got a haircut while I hit up the Soopers for some groceries. The rest of the night was pretty low-key.
 When we were getting ready to turn out the lights...Jasper thought it would be a good time to cuddle:


 Doesn't that face just melt your heart? It gets me every time!

Sunday was church (late service only-sweet!). Luckily, it was a rest day so my foot got some much needed downtime. I met up with a high schooler to chat while Ken was out for another 3ish hours. That's my man ;-) The rest of the day was uneventful. We had a ginormous salad for dinner and it was delish.

 Jasper was still a little tired from the run:
 And again, a cuddlefest:

 Today has been quite productive. I made bagels, tapioca and brownies. I cleaned and organized my area of the garage. I did all of the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen.

I ran 6 miles. Yes, hence the title, I ran on my ouchie foot! I know!! Bad me! But, in all seriousness, it didn't really hurt while I was running. Maybe a 2/10 on the pain scale. Granted, it hurts now, but not as bad as yesterday. I am hoping that I just strained some muscles or something.

On the bonus side today, it was like 75 degrees! I ran in this:

 And was too hot! SPRINGTIME....HEEELLLLLLLLLOOOO! Jaspy also thought it was quite warm...but hey, 6 miles (5 at tempo) was sweet :-)

Now we are icing the foot....he is helping!


Have a great rest of your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment