Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Homemade Soft pretzels

Oh Tuesday, we meet again. It is so amazing how fast you come. It feels like only yesterday that it was Friday!

Did you have a good weekend? I sure hope so. It was beautiful, albeit windy, here in Colorado. I love sunny days in January!
Friday was Friday. Ran a few miles after work and then went home to make some tacos. Mmmm good.

On Saturday (a busy busy day!) we had a little trouble with breakfast. As I was making waffles, the machine burst into sparks and flames. It was not good and waffles quickly became pancakes!  Post-breakfast, Ken headed out for his 3 hour ride with Colin and I set out on my 10 mile run. It was not bad, other than the fact that both of my feet were killing me. I am returning my new shoes, because I think they are the culprit! Anyways, it was a good run :-) Windy, so I was slow, but good. Jappy enjoyed himself as well.

Once we got home, I hopped in the shower and ate a little lunch before driving over to Errin's. We spent the day running a bunch of errands, stopping at a swim meet for one of my senior girls and then had an amazing dinner with the boys and enjoyed a movie on the couch. The movie was quite funny, much funnier than I expected. Normally I am a dry, sarcastic fan and this was more incredibly stupid funny. Notice how I am not naming the movie....yeah....that is on purpose.

Sunday was church as usual. Ken left after first service to go out for another 3 hour ride. My legs are burning just thinking about it! I honestly cannot tell you what I did for the rest of the day. Puttered around the house, went to the grocery....all very exciting ;-) I gave Ken a 30ish minute leg massage to help with recovery from his ridiculous 6 hours of riding. Oh....and we watched Driven. I forgot how much I loved that movie. Um, Hi Kip Pardue, my name is LeeAnn and I think you are super cute. Why haven't I seen you in any movies lately? :-/ Love, LeeAnn

Yesterday, Ken went to work and I did my normal crazy Monday routine. Let's put it this way, my back hurt at the end of the day. Mondays are nuts! I did get to run 3.1 miles with Jasper (a 5K) and just happened to beat my race time! And I wasn't even working that hard! I made homemade soft pretzels, of which I have eaten one already and it is not even 10am! Sooooo good!!!

Today I am trying to figure things out....all sorts of things! There is so much potential travel this year that I am going a little bit nuts...I feel like I will never be at work! Ok, most of the travel is on weekends anyways, but still. Here is the deal...
February-Winter Retreat for church
March-Chicago for a conference
April-Errin and Colin's wedding (yippeeeee)-that one is close ;-)
May-California to visit my new niece...that's a must!
July-Wedding in New Jersey
         10 day trip to soCal with high schoolers
August-Wedding in Cincinnati
That is all I have so far...but it is crazy! This doesn't even take into consideration Ken's race schedule for the year. Can't wait for camping!  I looked at airline tickets this morning...holy cow! yeah, don't know if spending $800 for 3 days is going to happen, before a hotel. I am exhausted just thinking about it! I am sure we will find a way to juggle everything :-)

1 comment:

  1. yay! can't wait to see you this year... at least twice! =)

    ReplyDelete