Thursday, October 7, 2010

Flying By

Thursday? What?! Where has the week gone?

I feel like we just got home and at the same time I feel like the weekend is so far away...weird. This week has been quite busy: chiro work, church work, trying to fit in work outs and extra work. There has not been much play in there, but hey, it happens. Tuesday afternoon was filled with errands, a run, laundry, dinner, dishes and bed. Shocking and riveting huh?

Yesterday was a bit more eventful. I went to Monarch High School to hang out with students from 8:20-9:15 am. It was fun as always. It is neat to see how excited they get to see us on campus. Chiro work from 10-5. Around 5:20 Ken and I set out of a run/hike up the flatirons with Jasper. The pup was good for the most part-minus his chasing of a deer. He took off up the mountain and did not care one bit that we were yelling at him to stop. I really didn't think he was coming back-Ken had faith in him. Sure enough, he came trotting down through the trees and got a STERN talking to (and maybe a smack on the rear end!). Our hike was great and I got to have a nice conversation with Ken-I finally shared some stuff with him that I have been not so excited to talk about-but it was good.

Post-run (and Ken changing in the parking lot) we headed to Blockparty. This is an event where we get together with 4 or 5 other churches and Younglife and let the kids get up and share what God is doing in their lives. It is always both powerful and somewhat entertaining to have a mic in the hands of teenagers.
When we got home, we showered and crashed into bed.

During the night, we had a huge thunderstorm. Jasper was NOT a fan. He spent a good portion of the night trying to crawl in between the 2 of us. It was LOUD and it rained so hard! Needless to say, I was happy to start the coffee pot up this morning. Are we ever going to get a chance to catch up from the weekend? Probably not.

Today I had my weekly church meeting and am now in my office getting ready for Round 2 of the day. At 6:30 I will head out to pick up Ken and go back to church for some kid time. Love it.

This weekend is already eventful and it has not even started yet. Tomorrow night Ken and I are going to Taylor and Erin's Rehearsal Dinner down west of Denver (I think). It will be fun to see them since they have moved up to the Aspen area. Saturday we are watching some cyclocross races (it is Colin's first race-but we will not be there that late) and then heading to the wedding down in Littleton. Sunday we are up early for church and then...who knows? Should be fun....and tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment