Monday, August 30, 2010

Fun in the Mountains

What a fabulous weekend!

Just to get it out there early...I did take pictures...and they are on my camera at home :-/ A lot of good that does me. So...there will be pictures posted....just not now.

Anyways...

Friday night was pretty chillaxed. We ate and spent the rest of the evening getting packed up and ready for the trip. Didn't sleep too great-I think I was too excited.

5 am rolled around very quickly and I was up and out of bed. Ken spent about 30 more minutes in bed snuggling with Jasper. I woke him up with a nice hot cup of coffee. He loves me :-)
I got myself ready and packed up, ran to the grocery really quick (We were out of bananas and I didn't want to mess up Ken's pre-race snackage)-Oh-I love the grocery store at 5:50 on a Saturday morning. It was me and the people stocking the shelves. LOVED the lack of crowd! After hitting up the store, I made some bagel/egg sandwiches. Yum yum yum. Everything was loaded into the truck and the 5 of us set out on our way.

We got to the mountain uneventfully (always a good thing) and the boys went about getting themselves checked in and dressed. We drove to the starting area of the race and hung out there while Ken and Colin got warmed up. Jasper was a little bit crazy with all of the people and dogs and new smells around. He is such a social butterfly (and a babe magnet-he is wasted on me walking around with him!). We watched Ken start and said goodbye to Colin as we headed for our mid-point location. Because the race had a ton of climbing, we met the guys partway through to give them a new water bottle.

We gave Ken his bottle, ran a bit, gave Colin his bottle and literally sprinted to the truck to try and make it to Ken's finish. Fail. Ken was in the parking lot when we got back to the resort area. He beat us to the parking lot! He anticipated his race to take at LEAST 2 hours (if not 2:10 or 2:15) but he made it in 1 hour and 52 minutes. Not cool, Ken, not cool! Okay-maybe cool because he took 1st!!! Such a stud! We got to hang out for a while and then we got to see Colin finish. I actually saw him finish this time!! Yay! He did great too. I want to say 4th in his race? Fantastic, huh? Errin and I are so proud of our guys ;-)

While we were waiting for the awards ceremony to begin, Errin, Jaspy and I set out for a run. We ran for a while, but couldn't find a good path, so we went up the trail Jasper and I had done the last time-straight up the mountain. We did a great job of wearing Jasper (and maybe us a bit too) out completely. After the awards (where I froze, even with Jasper in my lap), we headed to our hotel which was just up the street. We unloaded and took Jasper up to the room. He proceeded to crash on the bed-never to be heard from again (at least until dinner). Ken and I volunteered to go pick up some pizza and other snackage and actually got rained on. It was awesome. It was beautiful.

After dinner, Errin, Ken and I headed for the hot tub-Colin offered to stay and hang out with Jasper :-) It was nice and HOT-They even got me to go in the pool, which was "tepid." Once back in the room, we showered and hopped into bed. I promise I didn't fall asleep until at least 9:30 ;-) It was not the best night of sleep ever. There were people making noise in the hallway at about 2 am. Jasper was NOT a fan of his sleep being disrupted.

In the morning we hit up Carter's for breakfast. Ken had won a $30 gift certificate in a raffle at the first race and it came in handy. Breakfast was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. and the hot coffee that accompanied it was just as good. We headed down the mountain at 8ish because I had to be at church by 10:30 to teach. We would have loved to hang out up there for more of the day-but such is life.

Yesterday afternoon/evening was spent being productive. Yup, you read that right....productivity. Ken pulled up the carpet in our bedroom and I did lots of fun things like cleaning, weeding and laundry. Jealous? hehehe.

Alright...I will post pics soon. As for now, have a lovely Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Contrats, again, to the guys! And glad you had such a good weekend. Love to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete