Thursday, May 27, 2010

epic day

So, yesterday was awesome. I was thrilled to have the day off from work and even more thrilled that it was nice outside!

In the morning, Jasper was a pill! He would not listen and kept destroying things in the backyard. I did what every other annoyed dog mother would do-took him to the dog park. I have to admit, this is my new favorite pacifier! I let him run around for about 20 minutes before heading out to run errands. He was so thankful for his playtime that he was a perfect angel while he waited for me in the car. He was so good that I bought him a new toy! I was planning on getting one for the car trip tomorrow, but I wasn't planning on letting him play with it early. He LOVES it! It may happen to be pink (luckily he is colorblind, right?).

After running some errands and having lunch, I got myself ready for a bike ride. I ventured out and before I knew it, I was headed to Boulder! I showed up at Ken's office and he so nicely refilled my water bottles for me. I headed home and by the time I got back I had spent 3.5 hours (about 40 miles) on the bike! WHAT?! Boy was I tired and STARVING! After a snack or 2 or 7, I cut up a pineapple and then collapsed on the couch for awhile. When Ken and Errin got home we ran Jasper over to the dog park. It was a fun run/jog/walk. My body was not quite sure why I was abusing it! He had a blast and I was excited that Ken finally got to see him play with his new buddies.

**I want to add that Colin rode just about 3.5 hours and was in MUCH better shape than me at the end. At no point did I see him collapsed on the floor unable to drag himself up! (I am pretty sure I did that 3 times)!

This morning I literally had to drag myself out of the bed! It was painful. Nothing was particularly sore, everything was just tired. I have to admit I crawled back into bed for about 10 minutes after Ken left for work. I worked at the church from 9:30 until 11:15 and had a blast filming a video for the youth groups. I even got to hit someone in the face with a plate of chocolate pudding. It was AWESOME!

Excited about leaving for Wyoming tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. you are so amazing! i wish i was motivated to do anything for 4 hours, much less ride a bike. have fun in wyoming! i'm stuck working this weekend- boo!

    ReplyDelete