Tuesday, March 16, 2010

They are coming!

So daylight savings and I have a love-hate relationship. I LLLOOOVVVEEE that it is light when I get home from work and I HHHATTTTEE that it is dark when I get up in the morning. I guess we will call it a wash then.

Yesterday was an interesting day at work. I have a patient that came in just over a week ago and pretty much couldn't move. She was walking like a creature out of a movie. Yesterday she came walking in normally and begged me to release her back to work. Awesome! When Ken and I made it home we decided to take advantage of the sun and go running. He took Jasper-and while I LOVE that pup-it was kind of nice to run solo. I have said it before: I am a wannabe runner. I love the IDEA of running, but my body doesn't so much as appreciate that a lot of the time. So now I am more of a "jogger" with little bursts of running. Alas, I was still out there with the wind blowing through my hair and that is all that mattered. I was out for about 45 minutes before returning home to a message on my phone-my mom was booking tickets!!!! TO COME VISIT!! We have been talking about them coming for a while and due to events last weekend they had to postpone. But they are really coming now-Thursday night to Monday morning!!! A whole weekend!! What.will.we.do?

Now I know I might sound like a little kid with my enthusiasm-but hey-I have not seen them since August and they have yet to see my house or meet their grand-dog. I think they are just as excited as I am :-)

Today shall be filled with a nice long day at work followed by 3 hours of babysitting. Luckily my husband is amazing and is going to make dinner so I can eat when I get home :-D Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment